Enters, lights shift, fog continues
They call me the Grim Reaper for a reason.
Imagine spending all your time
and when I say time, I mean all time, eternity, forever,
only seeing the end of things.
It’s boring. Imagine a life where nothing surprises you.
Life, (sighs/laughs). I miss so much by missing life.
I never get to be the life of the party.
I’ll never have a once in a lifetime experience.
I can’t bet my life.
I couldn’t do it to save my life.
No one ever tells me to have a nice life.
I hardly ever get any appreciation.
Why don’t you tell one another to have a nice death once in awhile?
It’s even more important you know.
By the way, I come here often.
This place is a damned-near soul assembly line.
Yep. It was a courthouse, jail and hangin’ ground.
They hung people in a closet by the kitchen, behind you there.
Every now and then one was innocent. I got to keep those.
He hates that.
We were busiest after the War.
Nothing breeds mortal sin like a reconstruction.
The Devil didn’t hate that a bit.
He delighted in the South’s devastation.
He loved it so much, in fact,
he made this place his Richmond home.
Here at Gallery 5, the Devil is Judge, Hangman and Coroner.
Once people were hung here, they hung here.
They’d die, then realize they’d been in Hell all along.
You are their demons.
You are their tormentors.
Mortal sin, that’s what does you in.
When Judge Devil comes, I hope he doesn’t find you guilty.
The Mojo Sideshow's Links
- Lonesome Liz's Haunted Blog - Ghosts of Richmond and the Mojo Sideshow, ghost tours, ghost stories and more!
- Lonesome Liz on MySpace
- Global Mojo
- Cuzn Wildweed on MySpace
- Wes Freed in "Thrillbilly's", a film by Jim Stramel
- "Thrillbilly's" Soundtrack featuring The Shiners, The Drive by Truckers, Used Carlotta and more!
- "Watch America Roll By", a new CD by J.B. Beverley
- Gallery 5
- Costumes provided in part by Exile, Richmond, VA
- Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School
- The Vampire Tarot by Robert M. Place
- Dr. Beetles Conjuration Dolls
- Costumes provided in part by Exile
- The Art of Molly Crabapple
- The Art of Wes Freed
- The Art of Katelan Foisy
- Beneath the Half Moon, Katelan Foisy
- Constellation Magazine, Katelan Foisy
- Katelan Foisy's Knickerbocker Circus
- J.B. Beverley on MySpace
- The Art of Christoph Mueller
- The Mojo Sideshow on Facebook
- Death's Prologue
- The Devil
- Lonesome Liz Sells her Soul
- The Fun House Mirror
- The Barker
- The Ghosts of Edgar Allen Poe and Elmira Shelton
- The Midway
- Madame Ugly
- The Ghost of Evelyn Byrd
- The Snake Charmer
- The Tattooed Man from Borneo
- The Fortune Teller
- The Sword Swallower
- Hellbound Train
- The Ghosts of Church Hill Tunnel
- The Ghost of Gallery 5
- The Tightrope Walker
- The Ghost of Mann Page
- The Ghost of Judith Page
- The Contortionist
- The Ghost of Chimborozo
- The Sharpshooter and his Assistant
- The Lady With Three Eyes
- The Knife Thrower and his Wife
- ▼ May (27)