Stefani: He was once the toast of England and France
the Great Conjurini!
There was even a dance
named for the way his assistant would sway
during a certain smoke and mirrors trick.
Barker: He became sick,
struck down mid-second-world-tour.
It didn't matter that he'd done it before.
All those cancelled shows
left his ratings rather low.
That's just the way it goes.
Midway Boss: It was all the fault of a slender young girl.
She'd made his eyes roll and his toes curl.
She'd made him so ill he'd almost gone blind
but looking back, he didn't so much mind.
It had just been that good.
Barker: Everyone said he should
find a new gimmick and burst forth anew.
They claimed it wasn't just that he knew
the secrets of magic and sleight of hand
but rather the way to trick any woman or man
into believing whatever he chose.
Stefani: Everyone knows
that most of what happens is of his design.
That's why he's always on the sidelines
whenever something goes down.
Even the clowns
don't dare laugh
when he passes.
Midway Boss: He refused everyone's advice.
He didn't listen, he didn't think twice
just went on being Conjurini.
He doesn't look like you should take him lightly.
He really is actually rather frightening,
though fiercely attractive.
It's almost psycho-active.
Barker: He can escape any trap devised.
He very much seems to have x-ray eyes.
He can disappear quick as a flash
and then even quicker appear back.
He sometimes flies through the air.
He’s sure to give you a terrible scare.
His Assistant exudes both wonder and fear
whenever he so much as ventures near.
Stefani: It clearly isn't just the slicing in two
that makes her smiles so seldom and few.
No one really knows
much about the situation.
Or the nature of their relation.
Barker: No one has ever seen anything like him.
He has a gaze that could dim or brighten
the most skeptical crowd.
His voice is deep and loud.
Sound, laugh, lights flash.
Midway Boss: His hands flash like carousel lights.
He seems to summon the very night
with his fingers.
His laugh lingers in a bone chilling way
long after he's gone away.
The Mojo Sideshow's Links
- Lonesome Liz's Haunted Blog - Ghosts of Richmond and the Mojo Sideshow, ghost tours, ghost stories and more!
- Lonesome Liz on MySpace
- Global Mojo
- Cuzn Wildweed on MySpace
- Wes Freed in "Thrillbilly's", a film by Jim Stramel
- "Thrillbilly's" Soundtrack featuring The Shiners, The Drive by Truckers, Used Carlotta and more!
- "Watch America Roll By", a new CD by J.B. Beverley
- Gallery 5
- Costumes provided in part by Exile, Richmond, VA
- Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School
- The Vampire Tarot by Robert M. Place
- Dr. Beetles Conjuration Dolls
- Costumes provided in part by Exile
- The Art of Molly Crabapple
- The Art of Wes Freed
- The Art of Katelan Foisy
- Beneath the Half Moon, Katelan Foisy
- Constellation Magazine, Katelan Foisy
- Katelan Foisy's Knickerbocker Circus
- J.B. Beverley on MySpace
- The Art of Christoph Mueller
- The Mojo Sideshow on Facebook
- Death's Prologue
- The Devil
- Lonesome Liz Sells her Soul
- The Fun House Mirror
- The Barker
- The Ghosts of Edgar Allen Poe and Elmira Shelton
- The Midway
- Madame Ugly
- The Ghost of Evelyn Byrd
- The Snake Charmer
- The Tattooed Man from Borneo
- The Fortune Teller
- The Sword Swallower
- Hellbound Train
- The Ghosts of Church Hill Tunnel
- The Ghost of Gallery 5
- The Tightrope Walker
- The Ghost of Mann Page
- The Ghost of Judith Page
- The Contortionist
- The Ghost of Chimborozo
- The Sharpshooter and his Assistant
- The Lady With Three Eyes
- The Knife Thrower and his Wife
- ▼ May (27)